Monday 14 February 2011

It's like you're really jogging

Okay, I know I said we'd be doing more funny Christmas stockings, but I found this, and I can't delay.

Behold, the treadmill bike:


The ad copy says to imagine yourself getting out of the boring gym, running through beautiful forests or strolling down country roads, but without the hassle of getting your shoes dirty (the horror).

You're having a hard time picturing it aren't you?  You think this could be a doctored photo.  Clearly, you need to see the treadmill bike in action.  





Yes, I know your next thought is that this is an elaborate hoax.  No.  I checked.  This bike is sold, at the bargain price of $2500 (Canadian), from a group that also makes a couch bike.  Their goal?  
To unite comfort with ridiculousness.  


4 comments:

  1. I saw the YouTube video last night, and I thought that it had to be a joke. Since you've researched it and proved that theory wrong, I have to say that the "commercial" completely cracks me up with it's slang "fo' shizzle"-ness. . .I love to be outside, but why not just run? I can't imagine navigating that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Susan! Your blog is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like so much more work than just biking or just running. They run so hard and move forward like three feet. Also I love that the during the last guy's testimonial you can see someone walking along the side walk in the background and stare over their shoulder at the man and his ridiculous bike.

    ReplyDelete