Thursday 27 May 2010

Boo!

Okay, let's ignore whatever this Personal Infrared Sauna does, and focus on its other possibilities.

Personal Infrared Sauna

Cause I'm sure you've been looking for that perfect way to scare guests at parties.  Or just when they walk into your room unexpectedly while you're... enjoying whatever this thing does.  And your eyes happen to be closed and then...Yousuddenlyopenthem.  Bwahaha!  It's like a scene from that horrifying 1985 film Return to Oz where that Witch (Mombi?) has interchangeable heads.  Watching it as a kid I thought they were wig mannequins...UNTIL THEY OPENED THEIR EYES!  And started saying vicious things to Dorothy (here's a link to the scene on youtube for those who dare).  Yick.  I think I spent most of that movie with my eyes closed and haven't watched it since.  I hope I don't have nightmares tonight.

Okay, funnier thing it looks like, for all those devoted trekkers out there (among whom  I proudly count myself), is Captain Pike, who...well...man if you don't know this guy's full history, go to his wikipedia page, cause it's way too long for me to go into here.  Anyway, having commanded the Enterprise before James T. Kirk, he shows up in the original series episode The Menagerie looking for a cure/fix whatever you want to call it, to his situation:

[original+christopher+pike.jpg]

See the resemblance?  How much time do you think Captain Pike needs in the Infrared Sauna before the effects of the "delta ray radiation" are cured?  Hmm?  An hour?  Maybe two?

(http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=102981702&c=10615)

Let's all say Live Long and Prosper to Lisa R. for this gem.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, it folds up for easy storage. nice . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would take so little work to hit this with some black spray paint and hook up a beeping light, maybe put it on casters . . .

    ReplyDelete