Saturday 3 July 2010

Happy Fourth of July

I received a lot of great responses to my shout-out for help gathering Independence Day stuff.  First off, I thought you'd enjoy these lovely Fourth of July posters.  Each of these jewels has something special to say about what makes our country great.  I will translate the sentiment for you beneath each poster (yes, a few of them are from other holidays, but the designers thought their country of origin would be important, so I'm gonna honor that).

Patriotic Boy Shooting Cat Giclee Print

"America:  where you will go to jail if you do this to a cat, even if you try to distract the police with your patriotism."

Greetings, Patriotic Turkey Art Print

"I was supposed to be the national bird, not that stupid bald vulture.  To eat me would be downright unamerican."

Patriotic Birthday Greetings Giclee Print

"Hawaii is part of America."

Hurrah for the USA, Prancing Uncle Sam Art Print

"The flag is on fire!  And Uncle Sam is prancing!  What kind of a poster is this?!"

Have a Patriotic St. Patrick's Day, Flag and Harp Art Print

"Don't forget which country you owe your allegiance to.  Because the rest of us are a bit confused.

Stand by the Flag Giclee Print

"Stand by the flag.  Maybe that way no one will notice what you're standing on."

4th July the Annual Celebration of Independence from Britain Goes with a Bang! Giclee Print

"Happy Fourth. I hate you so much I'd like to greet you with a cannon ball."

Greetings from a Patriot, Columbia Art Print

"Greetings.  If you don't show enough ardor for your country you will be burned alive in a patriotic cauldron."

Uncle Sam Throwing Fire Crackers, Hurrah Art Print
 "This is how Uncle Sam started that flag fire.  Beware if you're planning on inviting him to any barbecues."

Greetings, Patriotic Turkey Art Print

"I swear I'm a flag-waving, country-loving, bald-eagle-kissing Turkey.  Please don't eat me."

Crossing Niagra Giclee Print

"Maybe this will finally prove how much I love America."

All American Patriotic Valentine Giclee Print

"Kiss me I'm American."

Valentine Greetings, Patriotic Child Art Print

"I, the bald eagle, am really starting to wonder whether this little boy is celebrating Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, the Fourth of July, or soliciting money on behalf of Save the Children."


Gosh, these posters make me so proud.  Happy Birthday America!


2 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I snorted and laughed so hard! My favorite is the one where Uncle Sam is prancing and setting the flag on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the Thanksgiving Greetings!

    ReplyDelete