Friday 28 May 2010

It's Action Figure Day here on What Weirdos

I must admit, just between us, that when I first started this blog I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't find enough items to do a daily post.  Ha!  My cup overfloweth.  In fact, I had a different post planned for today, but... I just couldn't resist.

Are you one of those people who worry about the level of violence portrayed or encouraged by toy companies?  I have a solution.  Literary action figures!
How about Jane Austen and Edgar Allen Poe?

Jane Austen Action Figure

Edgar Allen Poe Action Figure

(Austen source here, Poe source here

Can you imagine playing with these two together?
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife.  Hint, hint."
"For the last time, I am not marrying you! Nevermore! Nevermore!"

Not capturing your beating heart?  Want to be every kid's hero yourself but aren't a firefighter or other typically hero-esque profession?  There are action figures for you too!

Are you a painter?

Van Gogh Action Figure

(Source here)

or the Lunch Lady?

Lunch Lady Action Figure

(Source here)

Okay, I think the lunch lady is my favorite.  She's got that hairnet, and the food is interchangeable, but you can't really tell what it is.  Perfect for the aspiring school lunch chef.

Doesn't it almost feel like we're singing that classic song "Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your neighBORHOOD, oh!..." Oh.  We forgot a very important person in the neighborhood, didn't we?  Someone you want your kids to emulate and look to as their hero.  A mentor, an example, someone who's house you've sworn never to go into again after that last fiasco we shall not speak of?  You guessed it.  I give you:  The Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure!

Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure

(Source here

4 comments:

  1. I've actually seen the crazy at lady figurine in stores! I think I would much rather play with the Elizabeth Bennet figure though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the lunch lady, but I' m curious about whether the Van Gogh comes with Ear-Cutting Action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the Van Gogh action figure is in his earless-period. The bandage around the head is a nice touch for aspiring child artists...

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite postings. Very nice collection and commentary.

    ReplyDelete