Sunday 11 July 2010

My husband says I have to post this

Hannah W. sent this to me.  So you can blame her.  Or you can blame Tim, my husband, because after I went to the website and saw the detailed instructions (beware--the model is wearing speedos) on how to put on this item of clothing, I hesitated.  I drew back, but I couldn't look away.  The instructions were completely accurate about how to put on a pair of pantyhose.  Except they aren't pantyhose.  They're mantyhose.


(source here)

This image is from a men's magazine: e-mancipate.net: Hosiery Fashion Magazine For Men.  They're "military green".  Yep.  I can totally picture it.

Never thought I'd picture this though:


What do YOU think the models were thinking?


9 comments:

  1. 1,000 pesos! YES! I'll be a thousandaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think these things only work if you've shaved your legs. Otherwise the hair sticks out through the hose. Not that I know this fact PERSONALLY.

    Also: I like the model's expression in the top left photo. He's like, "DUUUDE. Just take the picture and let me unroll my pants."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you mentioned the shaving issue Lisa! This gives me an opportunity to tell you that the article accompanying that photo has a lengthy discussion of shaved vs non-shaved legs. The author thought that if the mantyhose were sheer the legs should be hairless, but when the model showed up with extremely hairy legs for the photo shoot they just went with it, and he was happy with the results. You're welcome. I know you completely wanted to know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just admiring the model's legs. Is it bad that I'd like my legs to look that nice in pantyhose?

    And Lisa I think it's funny you mentioned the model's expression in the top left photo. Because while he looks very annoyed, I am really in love with his crazy little rolled up jacket/poncho/sweater/thneed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime you have the opportunity to use the word "thneed", you definitely should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they look alright with the right clothing combination. I mean why not.... guys have legs to?

    ReplyDelete