Tuesday 25 January 2011

Mantyhose in real life

A few months back, I posted about a new fashion trend:  pantyhose for men, or mantyhose.  My main source was an online magazine which has completely devoted itself to promoting the new look.  All the men in it were paid models.  So I think people asked themselves:  do people actually wear these?  In real life?
Yes.
In my perusal of The New York Times Magazine, I happened upon this candid shot of an attendee at the Jean Paul Gaultier fashion show in Paris.  He's walking down the stairs, so if you were there (lucky you), you might have only seen him from the waist up at first, before he rounded the corner.

 (source for the image, which is in a slideshow you'll enjoy, here)

He looks normal, right?  Then he turns the corner, and you see him from the waist down:


Now I'll let you enjoy the entire Look in all its glory:


You know what really makes the outfit?  The knife holster.  I mean, he wanted to be clear that although he's wearing fishnet stockings and mini-shorts, he can still cut you.  

2 comments:

  1. Sheer stockings and pantyhose for men is a great idea, and is for real. The question is why are women so bitter about it.

    ReplyDelete