Friday 9 July 2010

Fun Friday, if you like this sort of thing

[First, if you haven't voted for who you think will win this week's food fight, see yesterday's post and then head on over to the sidebar to pick your winner. ]
Friends, I've had this product sitting on my desktop since the week I started this blog.  I've hesitated to put it up, but this being an all-things-American week that hasn't yet featured a true hot-dog (almost, with yesterday's corn-dog), I figure I just can't delay it any longer.  The reason I've delayed is that, though it creates something "cute", it's just so horrific.  Brutal.  A cold-blooded killing.  We anthropomorphize hot-dogs so much that when I first saw Octodog's Frankfurter Converter, which turns a hot-dog into an octopus,

(source here and here)

all I could hear in my head was the 6 o'clock news:

"A warning to weaker viewers, this segment contains graphic images.  Residents in the neighborhood were shocked today when they came home to find police crime scene tape around their neighbor's house.  CSI's said the crime was the most horrific they's ever investigated:  the victim's lower half was splayed into 8 so-called legs and there was evidence of multiple stab wounds to the chest.  It appears the hot-dog killer has struck again.  More at eleven."

Poor diddle hot-dogs.  They never had a chance.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but there's no way to make a hot dog "cute." ick. . .

    ReplyDelete